Award

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Crown Valley Brewing Peach Wheat Peach Beer


In the world of beer nothing is more refreshing that a wheat beer, and how could you go wrong with that and even if you had some sweet fruit to that Wheaties beer. That sounds good right? Well not always does it. This beer is from Crown Valley Brewing from Ste. Genevieve Missouri. They are new to me and to my area. This is there Peach Wheat Peach Beer, 5.5% ABV. This wheat beer pours a very light hazy pale yellow color with a half a finger thin white head that fades super quick, and with no lacing. I could barely see light though the glass, and I did however find some carbonation bubbles. The aroma on this beer is strong and pungent with a peachie aroma. I could smell it from afar. There is not much else to the aroma, but just a big bomb of peaches. The bottle does clam they use Missouri peaches, well I didn’t know that peaches were grown there. The Taste on Peach Wheat is big on sweetness from the peaches, but fades kind of quickly. Nowhere among the peach sweetness did I find any traces of wheat flavors. This isn’t something you want with a wheat beer. Towards the back of your mouth you do get a tiny fruit bitterness. Yes this Peach Wheat is refreshing. The mouth feel is light and the aftertaste is slightly bitter with a touch of peach sweetness. Overall I think this isn’t a good peach wheat beer, so I am giving this D+. I was hopping for more flavorful wheat taste to this and found it lacking of that wheat. The peach was okay could’ve had a little more peach character to it. This beer was not balanced well. I didn’t hate this or think it’s disgusting. It was all right to me. Would I have this again? No not right away. I think that RJ Rocker’s Son of a Peach is a better example of a good peach wheat beer. I am not say that you should avoid Crown Valley Brewing Peach Wheat Peach Beer, I just think it is slightly below average and somehow not the worst. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!       

No comments:

Post a Comment