Award

Friday, July 11, 2014

Olde Mecklenburg Brewery Southside weiss wheat Ale


My most favorite style of beer is wheat ales. I love them a lot, and one I particular like one local brewery Olde Mecklenburg Brewery (OMB), in fact it is my favorite brewery, and one in which I’ve always wished that they would brew a wheat ale (hefeweizen, or Weiss). Recently OMB has, Southside Weiss Wheat Ale, 5.4% ABV, and this is one of the first brews to be bottled in twelve ounce bottled six packs. Southside was previously a brewer draft only beer. Southside and unfiltered wheat ale brewed with noble Bavarian hops and follows the Reinheitgebot, or German beer purity law of 1516. Yep it means this beer is all natural. Southside pours a hazy golden color with a two finger light white head that stays long enough to get a good look at it. I did find nice amount of light with good carbonation too. The aroma is sweet with a light lemon/lemon peal and a fresh bready scent. The taste is much like it smells which is a good sign; there is a nice breaded flavor up front with nice lemony flavor in the middle and on the end. I didn’t find much wheat flavors just a tiny bit to help sweeten the rest of the taste. The mouth feel is medium and smooth with a nice crisp drinkability. Southside Weiss finish easy, smooth and crisp with a nice lemon like aftertaste that is accompanied by a slight hint of breaded wheat. OMB isn’t one to disappoint their customers; Southside Weiss Wheat Ale is another A+ beer from a local A+ brewery here in Charlotte, NC. I don’t have anything negative to say about this beer or the brewery. So I really highly recommend trying Olde Mecklenburg Brewery Southside Weiss Wheat Ale. SO GO DRINK IT! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!    

No comments:

Post a Comment