Award

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

New Belgium Snapshot Wheat Ale


I always like a good wheat beer but not all wheat beers are going to be good. They are a popular style and most breweries do brew wheat ale. Wheat ales can be refreshing on a hot day or any day. New Belgium brews one, Snapshot Wheat Ale, 5.0% ABV. This is more of pale wheat ale. Pale wheat’s are easier to drink than the heavier wheat beers out there. Snapshot pours a light yellow color with a two finger white head that dissipates down to half finger head then stays. Some lacing is left behind, but it thin at best. I found minimal light coming through with decent carbonation bubbles. Snapshot has a nice aroma that is almost lemony smell with a nice but faint breaded wheat scent. Taste of Snapshot is like a lighter or pale version of wheat ale. You get a little lemon like flavor up front with faint wheat flavors and some yeasted bready notes towards the back that linger just a little. The mouth feel is light to almost medium with a nice refreshing finish of sweet flavors and an after taste of more of the finish that light long enough to enjoy. Snapshot is an easy drinking beer and refreshing as well. But it’s not the best I’ve ever had so I only give New Belgium Snapshot Wheat Ale B-. I am not a big fan of pale wheat beers. I rather have a regular wheat beer or a Hefeweizen. But I some like this one. Snapshot isn’t bad, and yes I would recommend trying it. There isn’t a thing wrong with it. I just prefer more heartier wheat ales. I would also have this again. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment