Award

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Coronado Brewing Comapny Crown Series Sock knocker IPA



IPAs are good and I enjoy them, but I’m not a big fan of Imperial IPAs. They tend to have too much hoppy intense flavor and can be quite bitter, and in your face. I do try them to see if it’s a good Imperial IPA. Well he is on Imperial IPA from Coronado Brewing Company in Coronado California is Their Crown Series Sock Knocker IPA, 8.5% ABV. This is an Imperial IPA that is brewed with Amarillo, Centennial, Columbus, and Simcoe hops.  Sock Knocker pours a lighter copper color with some orange hues and a one and a half finger white head that fade quickly into some light lacing. Aroma is dank and bitter with earthy notes and touches of strong pine aroma. You definitely smell that this is an Imperial IPA. Sock Knocker up front is slightly bitter with flavors of light onion then becomes a more earthy, piney and bitter in the middle and the back is big with hop resin flavors and bitter pine and earthy notes. The mouth feel is medium Sock Knocker finishes earth and bitter with a bitter after taste that lingers just enough to wallops you in the face. As this beer warms you get more of a onion flavor with some hoppy notes This beer proves to myself that I am not a big fan of Imperial IPA. So it gets a D-. Too much bitterness isn’t to this is not to my liking. I found to Sock Knocker to kill your taste buds, so this isn’t a beer you want to drink first when have multiple beers. I won’t beer have Sock Knocker again. Cheers! Please Enjoy responsibly!   

No comments:

Post a Comment