Award

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Brüeprint Brewing Company Brüe Scarlet Amber Ale



Look at the red head we have here Brüeprint Brewing Company Brüe Scarlet Amber Ale, 4.8% ABV from Apex North Carolina. Brüe Scarlet pours a murky brownish red like color with a three and a quarter finger off white head that fade into a thick halo leaving behind halfway decent lacing. The aroma has some sweetness, and malty notes with a slight metallic note. The taste upfront is somewhat sweet probably from the malts, then in the middle comes more malted flavors and a slight metallic bitterness in the back of the mouth. Brüe Scarlet finished with a weird bitterness that seems off and slightly metallic, it lingers into the after taste becoming more pronounced and stays around annoying you and your taste buds. This Brüe Scarlet Amber Ale started out okay then quickly turned for the worse, and with that said I give this a D-. The finish and after taste just killed this beer otherwise it would have been okay. But I am not a big fan of amber ales, but I don’t hate them. I guess I am indifferent about amber ales. This Brüeprint Brewing Company Brüe Scarlet Amber Ale is not one I would recommend. It’s like the flavor give up at the end of just falls out. I don’t know why, maybe the types of malts and hops used come together and cause the weird finish/aftertaste. But what ever it is it isn’t good, so no more Brüeprint Brewing Company Brüe Scarlet Amber Ale’s for me. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment