Award

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Birra Ronzani



While in Napoli Italy I was eating at the same restaurant as the one where I found Vedett, I had another beer, Birra Ronzani, 5.5% ABV. This is a pale lager, brewed in Bologna Italy. Ronzani pours a lighter orange color with one and a half finger off white head that fades fast into very thin lacing. I found little amounts of light coming through with just a little heard of carbonation bubbles. The lacing is almost non-present. The aroma is much like a lager should be with a hint of crispness and a tiny bit of a breaded scent. Not really a lot going on with the aroma on this, but still smells good. The taste on Ronzani is a bit better than the aroma with a nice rich breaded/malt flavor with a hint of a crispness that helps make it drinkable. There is not much going on with the taste but still not a bad beer. The mouth feel is nice and medium with a smooth finish that gives way to a light aftertaste of malt and a very faint orange flavor that made me wonder why it was here on a pale lager, but I found the orange aftertaste that lingered for a second or tow to be nice and a bit interesting. But out of all the new beers I had on my vacation to Italy I found this to be not the best, but still good. Ronzani gets a B here. I think it should’ve had more of a big breaded flavor and less malts, and it would be so perfect, but I still enjoyed it. I would recommend this if you ever travel to Napoli. So try it! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment