Award

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Rogue Ales Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout


I always like to see new breweries pop up and become successful, and I like to try beer from new breweries, but it is always nice to have beer from a long-standing brewery. For example Rogue Ales in Newport Oregon has been brewing good beer since 1988. I have not had to much from Rogue, but her is a beer they have been brewing form some time now, Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout, 6.1% ABV, 60 IBU. Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout has ten ingredients such as, 2-Row, C120 Chocolate and Rogue Farms Dare & Risk Malts, Rogue Farms Rebel Hops, rolled oats, roasted barley, free-range coastal water and Pacman Yeast. Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout pours a rich black color with a tan/beige three and a half finger bubbly head that sticks around for a bit and then fades into brown/tan whips of lacing. I found no light coming through and could barely see the carbonation that was there. The aroma on Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout is a bit sweet with hints of chocolate and oats, and a nice roasted note as well. But there is a slight earthy note from the oats also. Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout has a nice roasted flavor with hints of coco/chocolate and some tasted malt and oats. The bitterness on the Stout is mellow with a few earthy flavors. Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout has a nice mild finish that is earthy and slightly bittersweet, and the after taste is of mellow chocolate with a slight faint roasted note that fades around the chocolate. Overall a solid Oatmeal Stout, but not as good as I was hopping it would be, so I would say that Rogue Ales Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout is a C+. Yes, it is slightly above average, I was hoping for more sweetness on this but it wasn’t as sweet as I hoped. Not bad though, I did enjoy it. I do think you should try it for yourself it is good. So go out and try Rogue Ales Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment