Award

Monday, September 19, 2016

Terrapin Beer Co. Watermelon Gose



Gose (Goes-uh) is a traditional German-style beer brewed with sea salt and coriander. Gose is a making a come back especially with craft beer breweries and brewers. It is more of a summer type of beer, but I think it is good any time of the year. One of my favorite breweries Terrapin Beer Co. in Athens Georgia brews Watermelon Gose, 4.5% ABV.  Watermelon Gose pours a clear darker golden color with a fast fading two finger head of brilliant white. The aroma is tart and there is a nice watermelon fragrance with a faint hint of coriander. Taste is somewhat sweet with watermelon up front with a bit of salted tart flavor, but then as it passed over your tongue it the beer become a more tart. Nothing that is overly tart though. The mouthfeel is light and refreshing and Watermelon Gose has a tart watermelon finish with a tart but salty watermelon after taste that is more tart than anything else. Terrapin has done a good job her adding watermelon to an already tropical beer, but the finish and aftertaste are a little too tart. So with that in mind, I give Watermelon Gose a B-. I do think you should try this one, and I am not saying that the finish and aftertaste kill the beer and make it undrinkable, no that is not it at all; it’s just a little more than I would have liked it to be that’s all. I would have this again but it’s not a go-to beer. I liked Terrapin Beer Co. Watermelon Gose. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

1 comment: