Award

Monday, November 14, 2016

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery Punkin Ale



I am not a fan of two things pumpkin ale and Dogfish Head beers, but I gave Dogfish Head Craft Brewery Punkin Ale, 7.0% a fair shake. I’ve had tree different Dogfish beers and I haven’t liked any of them so far.  Punkin Ale is a brown brewed with real pumpkins, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon & nutmeg. Punkin Ale pours a medium brown color with a one finger quickly fizzing head that leaves nothing behind. The aroma is strong with cinnamon and nutmeg and together it makes a strong sweet candy like aroma. This beer smells alright. Taste is overwhelming with a large amount of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice with touches of light pumpkin. The flavor really takes over and just sticks to every part of your mouth. The mouth feel is full and sweet with a sweet harsh finish and a sweet after taste of nutmeg and some cinnamon that sticks around killing any other flavor that comes in contact with your taste buds. I have never like pumpkin beers and Dogfish Head Craft Brewery Punkin Ale is an F. I don’t like any pumpkin in liquid form. It is not something I enjoy. The flavor is just too much and takes over your mouth and sticks around way too long. Well I am still not a fan of Dogfish Head, and I know that they are quite popular in the craft beer world, but not with this craft beer drinker. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment