Award

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Samuel Smith's Organic Cider

Here we have something different than a beer, but it is not far off from a beer. This an English cider, at 5% abv. Ciders are general made with apples, well so is this. Ciders are made like a wine and like a beer. But where you find beer you'd most likely find a cider. Beer drinkers would be more to drinking a cider that would say a wine drink, but I am not saying that a wine drinker wouldn't like cider. It's just that ciders are marketed more towards beer drinkers. This cider poor a nice rich gold color, like an apple juice, and has lots of bubbles an no head. Now the taste starts out with lots of sweet apples, when I say sweet I mean it, this is very sweet. It's good but have a lot of this and you'd want to move to something different and less sweet. There is a nice wine like flavor to this as well but it come toward the end. The finish is slightly dry sweet and wine-like. Nice finish to this. I like this somewhat and I would have it again. But it just not as good as I thought it would be, this is whole different animal then beer when it comes to the taste. The main think about the taste of a cider is sweet. In some ways to sweet for me, but not in a bad way. It's good every once in a while. But a little bit goes a long way with this cider. I haven't had a whole heck of a lot of cider, but beer is a bit better than cider, and yes I know that now cider is growing in popularity, but just not with me so far. I'll have a beer thank you! Cheers! Please drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment