Award

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Foothills Brewing IPA of the Month December 2014


Well it time again for another Foothill IPA of the Month December 2014, 8.2% ABV and with an IBU of 66. I am not sure if Foothills will continue this series next year. But I really think they should, it is a great seller for them and it is also a popular item for Foothills. This one does not have a nickname that I could find, and I don’t know why it doesn’t. December is a double IPA with Caramel midnight wheat malts; there is also dry-hopped Chinook and Simcoe. December pours a red hued color with a three and a half finger bright head that sticks around for a while and leaves behind big whips of lacing. I found some small amounts of light streaming through with some carbonation as well. The aroma on December is like a bold grapefruit with some malted characteristics with touches of a grassy/piney note. The taste is smooth with a citrus grapefruit flavor with some malted grassy notes and piney notes. I didn’t really find any of the wheat’s there; I guess the citrus covers that flavor over. When drinking this IPA there isn’t a point where you get a hoppy bite of attack. The mouth feel is medium and This December IPA has a bitter citrus finish with a nice grassy/piney citrus grapefruit after taste. I enjoyed this IPA of the Month so I would give this an A+, and the whole series gets an A. This has been a fun IPA experience and I hope to see this next year in 2015. I would love to see what they would do next. So go out and try Foothills IPA of the Month December 2014 or any of the months in this wonderful series. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!   

No comments:

Post a Comment