Award

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Terrapin W-n-B (Wake and Bake) Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout


I have wanted to try this dark stout for a while now. I finally found a single bottle of Terrapin W-n-B (Wake and Bake) Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout, 9.4%. Terrapin is from Athens, Georgia, and usually has a turtle or ‘terrapin’ on the label and bottle cap. That is their logo/mascot; I think they call him Spike. Well, this particular beer has been brewed for ten years now. Wake and Bake pours a deep dark black color with a two-finger tan/brown head that fades quickly to the sides for the glass, leaving a tan right around the edge of the glass. I found no light, and  I did not find any signs of carbonation bubbles. Wake & Bake smells like a freshly brewed cup of coffee. Flavor much like the aroma; there is a big coffee taste with a bit of sweetness. There is also a trace of low bitterness and a touch of some molasses. If you like coffee, then you will like this taste on this Wake and Bake. As this beer warms, it becomes less sweet and a touch bitterer with the coffee flavor still there. The mouthfeel is full silky. Overall this beer sounds like it’s a big beer. But it does not drink that way. So I would give this an A-, I would like it to be a pinch sweeter without losing the big coffee flavor, but I sill really enjoyed Terrapin Wake and Bake, and would have this again. I recommend Terrapin Wake and Bake for anyone who likes coffee. So go out and try this Terrapin Wake and Bake Stout for yourself. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment