Award

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Terrapin W-n-B (Wake and Bake) Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout


I have wanted to try this dark stout for a while now and I finally found a single bottle of Terrapin W-n-B (Wake and Bake) Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout, 9.4%. Terrapin is from Athens, Georgia and usually has a turtle or ‘terrapin’ on the label and bottle cap. That is their logo/mascot; I think they call him Spike. Well this particular beer has been brewed for ten years now. Wake and Bake pours a deep dark black color with a two finger tan/brown head that fade quickly to the sides for the glass leaving a tan right around the edge of the glass. I found not light nor could I see and signs of carbonation bubbles in the class. The aroma on wake and Bake is lie a freshly brewed cup of coffee, and there is a bit of sweetness to the aroma that I think comes from the oats. The taste is much like the aroma; there is a big coffee taste with a bit of sweetness with a low bitterness and a touch of some molasses. If you like coffee or love it then you will like this taste on this Wake and Bake. As this beer warms it becomes less sweet and a touch bitterer with the coffee flavor still there. The mouth feel is full silky and rich. Overall this beer sound like it’s complex, but it does not drink that way. So I would give this an A-, I would like it to be a pinch sweeter without losing the big coffee flavor, but I sill really enjoyed Terrapin Wake and Bake, and would have this again. I recommend Terrapin Wake and Bake for anyone who really likes coffee. So go out and try this Terrapin Wake and Bake Stout for yourself. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment