Award

Friday, February 20, 2015

Oskar Blues Brewery Dale's Pale Ale


One beer that I’ve been wanting to try for the longest time now from Oskar Blues Brewery Dale’s Pale Ale, 6.5% ABV and now I’ve finally had it, thanks to Brewpublik (www.brewpublik.com). This Dale’s Pale Ale come from the relatively new east coast brewery located here in Brevard North Carolina. The original brewery is in Longmont Colorado. Oskar Blues beer comes only in cans. Dale’s Pale Ale is one of Oskar Blues biggest sellers. They call it mountain pale ale. I guess it goes well on a mountain. Dale’s pours a deep orange color with four finger light beige colored head that leaves behind thick whiffs of lacing. There are some decent amounts of light coming through the light but not a lot with nice carbonation bubble. The aroma is hoppy and a bit piney with some malt sprinkled in. I also found a little bit of a citrus orange scent among the aroma. The taste on Dale’s is hoppy upfront then the hop mellow a bit and then comes a slight malted flavor with hints of an earthy flavor. I like how the malts cut down the hop profile a bit. The mouth feel is somewhat medium with a nice malted earthy flavor. The after taste is similar to the finish with just less intensity, not that the finish is overpowering. I find this beer to be at least a C. I just found it to be a little hoppy at the start but nothing that makes me really hate this beer. I like the malts used in there, they do a nice job of keeping the beer from being hop all the way to the after taste.  Dale’s Pale Ale is average tasting in my opinion. Nothing really wrong with it and nothing really stands out as great either. I like it enough for C grade is all. Go and try Oskar Blues Brewery’s Dale’s Pale Ale for yourself if haven’t already. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!   

No comments:

Post a Comment