Award

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Small Town Brewery Not Your Father's Root Beer


I sometimes try to go for trendy or trending beers and recently one beer in particular has been gaining popularity. I was looking to try this beer but it wasn’t in North Carolina till just a few weeks ago. This beer is Small Town Brewery in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, Not Your Father’s Root Beer, 5.9% ABV. Not Your Father’s Root Beer pours a deep dark brown color with light brown edges and a quarter of thin bubbly head that fades instantly. I found no light coming through with limited amounts of carbonation bubbles. The aroma is sweet with caramel and a bit of vanilla. The taste is exactly what you would expect. It taste like a root beer. Not Your Father’s Root Beer has nice notes of vanilla and caramel with a very faint mint taste on the end. The taste is remarkably similar to a good root beer. I think that the alcohol gives you the faint minty taste on the end, which comes and goes quickly. The mouth feel is medium and Not Your Father’s Root Beer has a nice sweet easy finish. The after taste is of vanilla and caramel that lingers long enough to enjoy them. I think that this Not Your Father’s Root Beer is a great idea as well as a really great beer. I would like more breweries to have a beer or two like this one. I think in my opinion that they would do well. I would say that Small Town Brewery Not Your Father’s Root Beer is A+. This is one easy drinking beer and I could not find a thing wrong with this beer at all. It is exactly like it people hype it up to be. I highly recommend that you try Small Town brewery Not Your Father’s Root Beer. It’s damn good and I will bee having another soon! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment