Award

Monday, August 10, 2015

Sagres Cerveja

You can find national beer in almost every country in the world. Some are better than others and some are even imported/exported around the globe. I guess this is one part that makes the world a smaller place. Here is one beer comes to me all the way from Portugal and cannot be found in the USA. I got a hold of it through my Portuguese exchange student Manel. Sagres Cerveja, 5.0% ABV is a pilsner and is one of two national beer of Portugal. Sagres pores a golden color with a two finger bright white head that dissipates quickly and leaves minimal to no lacing behind. I did see plenty of light streaming through the glass with nice streams of carbonation bubbles. The aroma is similar to the national beers of the USA. I found there to be a sweet grain scent that was a bit like cereal gain and corn. There is a faint metallic scent as well. The taste is light with a thin corn like sweetness and bits of cereal gain but not much else was there. The mouth feel is light and very drinkable and somewhat refreshing. Sagres has a nice smooth even finish with a thin after taste of a slight bland sweetness. I say Sagres Cerveja is C+ beer, nothing bad about it nor is they’re too much good going on. It’s just average tasting and easy to drink. I would have this again. I kind of recommend try Sagres Cerveja just for the fact that it’s not sold here in the USA. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment