Award

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Westbrook Brewing Co. Märzenbier

October is over I know and I think you can still drink Märzenbier. I like this type of German beers. I found one from Westbrook Brewing Co, Märzenbier, 6.0% ABV. This is an Octoberfest-style amber larger brewed with Munich and Caramunich malts and hopped with german noble hops with Bravarian larger yeast. Märzenbier pours a rich amber color that almost looks like a darker copper color. There is a nice three and a half finger of semi-off white head that slowly dissipates into nice lacing around the glass stein. The aroma is malted and bread like with a bit of fresh biscuits mixed in. The taste is mild with notes of malted bread and touches of sweetness that don’t overwhelm your taste buds. The mouth feel is a touch on the fuller side but for the most part is medium. The after taste flavors fall a bit short with a sweetness that just stops and turns into a yeasty faint after taste. I think that Märzenbier is good but there are better beers in this style out there. So this is a B- beer. I like it but found it to fall off a bit. I think it is good but need a bit of improvement to make it better. I think it could use a bit more malt to help it. So try Westbrook Brewing Co. Märzenbier for yourself and see what you think of it, and let me know down in the comments below. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment