Award

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Red Brick Brewing Co. Sacred Cow Chi Tea Milk Stout


Milk Stouts can be a bit confusing to understand. They do not use actual milk in brewing this type of stout. What is used is the lactose sugar that is found in most milk, that sugar gives the stout its sweetness as well as most milk. Here is a slight variation on the Milk Stout, Red Brick Brewing Co. (Atlanta Georgia) Sacred Cow Chai Tea Milk Stout. This has Chai Tea spices in it as well. Sacred Cow pours a black color with a tan beige one-finger head that quickly disappears. I found there to be no light coming through with tiny amounts of carbonation.  The aroma on Sacred Cow is slightly spiced with a little roasted note. Sacred Cow’s taste is very spiced from the Chai Tea, and I found the tiniest sweetness, but the spices overpower its sweetness. The spices are almost bittering in a way. The flavor on this Sacred Cow is like a root beer barrel candy. There is a slight faint note roasted there. The mouth feel is medium to full. Sacred Cow has a big unpleasant spiced finish that leads you to a bitter like after taste. I would say this beer is a D-. I did finish this but I really wanted to get to the bottom of the glass rather quick. I don’t think the Chai Tea should be in milk stout in my opinion. I did not like Sacred Cow Chai Tea Milk Stout, and I don’t recommend this one either. So please don’t go out and try Red Brick Brewing’s Sacred Cow Chai Tea Milk Stout. It’s will make you scared to try another. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!


No comments:

Post a Comment