Award

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cerveza De Los Muertos Queen of the Night Pale Ale


I don’t find Mexican beers to over the top great nor do I find them terrible, most of them taste okay. I also don’t see much craft beer out of Mexico either, but I do see some starting to appear on the shelves here and there. Mexico has some of the biggest breweries in the world down there that produce some popular beer that are all over the world. So Mexican brewers are doing okay. So here is one example of Mexican craft beer. This is Cerveza De Los Muertos (Day of The Dead Beer) Queen of the Night Pale Ale, 4.8% ABV. Queen of the Night Pale Ale pours a deep orange/copper color with a two and a half to almost three finger fluffy white head. The head fade rather slowly and leaves behind nice foamy lacing in the glass. There is some light coming through the glass but on a lot, and I found there to be a nice level of carbonation there. The aroma on Queen of the Night Pale Ale is slightly malty with a big aroma of grassy earthy hops around it with a touch of an orange like citrusy scent. The taste is nice with a grassy earthy note with a slight hoppy bitterness but just enough to let you know that the hops are there. I don’t find this to be overly hoppy. Queen of the Night Pale Ale does have a nice malt flavor that complements the hoppy flavors. Queen of the Night Pale Ale has a nice balance between the hops and the malts. I also get a bit of an earthy citrusy orange flavor. Queen of the Night Pale Ale has a nice slightly malted grassy hop bitter finish that isn’t to bad and has an after taste of a grassy and slight bitter hoppy orange that fades sort of slow on your taste buds. Overall not a bad beer, but not what I would call great, I’d say that Queen of the Night Pale Ale is a C beer. Yeah I though I was interesting, just because it was a craft beer from Mexico and you don’t see to many of that. There is nothing wrong with the beer, or none that I could find. Go out and try Cerveza De Los Muertos Queen of the Night Pale Ale and see what you think of it. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment