Award

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Foothills Brewing IPA of the Month 2014 April


I haven’t found to many IPAs that I really enjoy or that I found good. But I do like some but not as a whole style. I find that as a style IPA is not the best, but they are okay. Most average beer drinkers don’t like IPAs due to the bitter hoppy taste. But they are a large number of people that do and some are called hopheads. IPAs have been popular with discerning craft beer drinkers. I am not a hophead. But here we have an IPA for foothills Brewing from here in Winston-Salem North Carolina which is part of what is called the foothills of North Carolina. This IPA is part of a yearlong series that profiles a different flavor of IPA each month. This is called IPA of the Month 2014. Each month the bottle will have a different pinup girl drawn on it. Here we have IPA of the Month April (April Showers), 604% ABV and 82 IBU. This month is made with Simcoe, dry hopped with Amarillo and Centennial. April pours a very nice medium copper and slight burnt orange color with big four finger white fluffy bubbly head that slowly dissipates into nice white whips of lacing. I found this beer clearer than most IPA; I could see more light than usual coming through the glass with nice carbonation bubbles racing from the bottom. The aroma on this IPA is like fresh a mown lawn, big and grassy. The taste of April is grass and hoppy up front with touches of a pine like note, then you get a big citrusy grapefruit flavor. This IPA isn’t strongly bitter, but just bitter enough. As April warms up the hoppy flavor become slightly stinger. April has nice gradual fade of a hoppy finish that leaves a slow linger of a hoppy flavor over your taste buds. This IPA of the Month was very surprising for me. I didn’t think I was going to like this as much as I did. So Foothills Brewing IPA of the Month April gets an A. At no point while I was drinking this did I find it the slightest bit enenjoyable. I do however recommend you try this IPA. So go out and try Foothills Brewing IPA of the Month April or any of their up coming month for 2014. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!   

No comments:

Post a Comment