Award

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Saint Somewhere Cynthiana

Well it's rare beer club time again, waahoo! Well this is from a brewery down in Tarpon Springs Florida, Saint Somewhere Brewing Comapany. This, Cynthiana, is a Belgium style ale, its 8% abv. This came in a 1 pint 9.4 fl oz bottle, about to glasses worth. This pours a nice dark amber or dark burned gold colo with a very nice white creamy looking head. This beer has very strong scent to it that is of bread, lots of hops, a bit or orange peals, and slight scent of grains and wheat. The scent really tells you that it is a strong beer. Cynthiana has a nice simi sweet, hoppy yet strong sourish taste to it that is slightly good, but I have had some that have a a little better taste. I am not saying that this is bad, it is very slightly above average. Well the after taste is strong hoppy and sour and yet slighly yeasty. I think this brewery is on the right path with this one, but its not great, but if they work at it more and more it could be better, not that it is bad now, just not the best but close. I like a good Belgium ale, and I have come to know that most are made to be more hoppy, a bit on the sour side and have a higher ABV. Some do it better than others. This is in between the middle and the top of the gereat Belgian ale chart. I like this one enough, but I am not madly in love with it. I like the bottle a bit more than the good Belgian beer inside. Cheers! Please drink responsibly!    

No comments:

Post a Comment