Award

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat


I always like a good fruity wheat beer and I like some more that others. Here we have Lost Coast Tangerine wheat 5.0% ABV. I’ve never had any other Lost Coast beers before. So this is my first. Tangerine Wheat pours a deep golden straw orange color with a one finger bright white head that fades very quickly and leaves no lacing. There is a small amount of light peeking through the glass and some small amount of carbonation. The aroma is a huge citrus bomb of big tangerines and a little bitter orange. I could smell this beer from a ways away. The taste on Tangerine Wheat is a big tangerine and small bitter orange and no wheat flavor to be found, which is a bit of a let down. The mouth feel is light, crisp, and yet refreshing. The finish is clean and with citrus fruit. The aftertaste is a big tangerine. Overall this beer is good but a let down as well. This is getting a C from me, just because it was all fruit, tangerine, and bitter orange, and nothing else. I was hoping for a nice wheat flavor there, but no, just too much tangerine. I am not saying this beer was bad, nasty, gross, or anything. It just was not what I was hoping for. Would I have this again? Maybe but I will not run out and get this right away. I would cautiously recommend this beer. I didn’t not hate this one, I just found it a little bit boring. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!  


No comments:

Post a Comment