Award

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ottakringer Helles Bier



Here is the last beer in my Austrian beer Christmas gift. This one is Ottakringer Hells, 5.2% ABV, a lager style beer. This on is a good commonly found beer in Austria, and has been around since 1837. I also have an Ottakringer stein. I didn’t use it for this beer because you can’t see the beer, it just looks good and manly. But I will use it when I am not doing another blog post. This Helles beer pours a some what medium golden color with a one finger thin white head that goes quick and forms a little bit of lacing. I found lots of light coming though the glass with a decent amount of bubbles. The aroma is bready like a biscuit and there is a hint of a cereal gain to it. But it smells like a good version of an American lager. It also smell quit crisp. The taste is just as crisp with a nice bready semi malty flavor and a hint of the nice cereal grain. The mouth feel is light, crisp and refreshing. This beer does not over power you mouth. Ottakinger has a nice crisp grain after taste. This bee has a clean finish with a hint of tiny bubble on your tongue. I would give this a B+, this beer is good but has a little room for improvement but it’s not bad. I enjoyed it, and it’s easy to drink, a good sessionable beer. I would recommend this to a lager or light tasting beer drink. This Ottakringer Helles is well brewed and tasty. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment