Award

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Wieselburger Bier Gold



My love of beer has led me to many wonderful beers and style on that some times get over looked is lagers. Some beer geeks say that lager is a dirty word. But I think that some average national domestic lagers aren’t the best but some foreign and/or imported lagers are much better. Here is on from Austria, another Wiesleburger Bier and this is their Gold a Euro pale lager, 5.0% abv. This pale lager pours a bright golden straw color not unlike must US lager. There is about a half a finger thin white head that doesn’t stay to long no does it fade to fast. I saw a big amount of bubbles from the bottom of the glass with plenty of light coming through. I could see right through the beer. The aroma on this Gold was of light malt and straw, with a very tiny metallic scent but I was really looking hard. The aroma is similar to a Pabst Blue Ribbon but better. The taste is of light straw, light malts and a faint biscuit flavor. The mouth feel on this Gold is very light, crisp and very refreshing. This beer finish clean and crisp, with a nice refreshing bubble on your tongue. The aftertaste is light malts, but does fade quickly leaving a small metallic taste in the back of your mouth. This beer is very sessionable, both in taste and in the abv%. You could drink this all day during a hot summers day. I’m giving this an A. A very well crafted lager here. I would recommend this to every beer drinker. This isn’t overly complex in any way shape or form. I loved it. This could be your everyday beer. I would say so! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment