Award

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Gösser Zwickl Naturtrüb



I hope everyone is having a warm, wonderful, and happy holidays. I know I am, I love this time of year. Well I know it’s been a little while since my last post but here is yet another beer. This beer, Gösser Zwickl naturtrüb, 5.2% ABV is Austrian beer, a Keller beer or Golden Lager. I got this as a Christmas gift from Austria with three other beers. This beer is a common beer in Austria, and found in the US, imported in by Heineken. This Gösser pours a light to medium orange/deep gold color with a nice two and a half creamy, bright white foamy head. The head does stick around with nice big bubbly lacing.  I did see some light coming through the glass with a nice amount of little carbonation bubbles. The aroma on this Gösser Keller beer is citrusy, a little like a lemon, but not like a wit beer. There is a very faint lemon peal there with a very small hop note on the end. This beer smells a lot like a summer day, just bight and refreshing. The taste is nice crisp with a light lemon flavor, but not over powering in any way. It has a nice hit of it to make it refreshing. I also found there to be a very tiny hop taste/bitterness on the end but it also taste like lemon bitterness. The mouth feel on the Gösser is light, crisp and refreshing, and the aftertaste is just as good, with that citrusy lemon/lemon peal. The taste does stick around in your mouth for a bit, and there is a small stickiness in the after taste as well. Well I am giving this an A+. This is just a very tasty and delicious beer. I means simple but just so well crafted with a great balance of all its wonderful flavors.  This is ten times better than any American lager I’ve ever had. I would highly recommend this to anyone in a heartbeat, no matter what they're taste in beer might be. Please go and try this if you have not, it’s so worth a try, and you will not be disappointed. Happy New Year! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment