Award

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saranac Pale Ale



I have always thought in my personal opinion that pale ales are less intense IPAs. They do taste that way to me, and I do love great pale ale. This is Saranac Pale Ale, 5.50% ABV. This is English style pale ale. Saranac Pale Ale pours a dark gold or amber color with a big fluffy four finger head. I found some light coming through the glass but not a lot. There is a nice amount of carbonation bubbles. The aroma on this pale ale is slightly malty with a hint of hop aromas. This beer doesn’t really have any IPA like aromas that the majority of pales ales have, it has more malted aromas to it. The taste on Saranac Pale Ale is much like to aroma, malty but not sweet. There is a very faint sweetness but it is quickly chased away by the hops that hit you after the malts. I find this pale ale to be a bit on the rich side but still good. This Saranac has a medium mouth feel and finish slightly less malty than when it started and it has a slight hop finish. The aftertaste it a bit of a tart hop flavor with a semi crispness that makes for a good after taste. I would say this is a B. Nothing is really wrong with this, it was better than I though it was going to be, but didn’t blow me away on the first sip. Just a solid pale ale nothing really spectacular about this beer thought. Just a slightly above average English style pale ale. This Saranac could I’ve been toned down in the hop department just a tad and add a pinch of malt and it could be perfect. But my number one favorite pale ale is 21st Amendment’s Bitter American. But I do think you should try them both and see which is better. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment