Award

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Great Divide brewing Co. Yeti Imperial Stout

This beer that I have here, Great Divide Brewing Co. Yeti imperial Stout, 9.5% ABV and 75 IBUs is a widely popular stout. Great Divide is located in Denver Colorado. Yeti pours a pitch-black color with a dark brown almost black six finger head that never goes away but does shrink down a little. Nothing is visible though this beer. The aroma on this big beer is like brunt coffee with a little bit of brunt toast and yet the faintest scent of chocolate. Yeti has a big bold bitter roasted taste to it that is a little harsh in my opinion. This beer has a whole burnt theme going on with its taste and flavors that was off putting to me. Not enough roasted notes to this nor was any coffee like notes present except for the overly burned coffee flavor. I found this beer to be bad, bad like crappy cup of strong bitter burned coffee that has been sitting out on the hot stove to long. I didn’t like this one at all so I give this an F. I might be one of only a few that does not like nor care for Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout. This beer didn’t have a little bit of each flavor to help it. It was just in your face with a burned flavor profile that I found displeasing and down right bitter. I would not try this beer at all, so please don’t! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment