Award

Monday, October 12, 2015

Ichtegems' Grand Cru Flemish Red Ale


My favorite beer producing country is Belgium. I really enjoy the Belgian styles of beer. Ichtegem’s Grand Cru 6.5% ABV is brewed in Ichtegem Belgium By Brewery Strubbe, This is Flemish Red Ale aged or matured in oak Barrels. This beer pours a dark red almost a black color with a little tan head that leaves nothing behind. The aroma is like a smooth or faint cheery with a little cola aroma. The taste has a faint fruit taste to it that is a little cheery flavor with a bit of sourness to it. The flavors are smooth with this and yes you get a little bit of oaky flavor towards the end with the faintest vanilla flavor. The mouth feel is smooth with a touch of sour, and this Flemish red has nice sour cheery aftertaste that linger enough for ones enjoyment. I found this to be surprisingly good. I think the oak barrels work like magic on this beer. It really brings out the already great flavors within the beer and just makes them even better. It also adds another layer of flavor that makes this beer an A+. I really enjoyed this beer. I found to be easy to drink as well. I highly recommend trying

 Ichtegem’s Grand Cru. It’s SO good! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment