Award

Monday, October 19, 2015

Anderson Valley Brewing Company the Kimmie, the Yink and the Holy Gose Ale.



I have not many beers within this beer style, two mostly. The first one being Westbrook Gose, and this Anderson Valley the Kimmie, the Yink and the Holy Gose Ale, 4.2% ABV. Anderson Valley Brewing is from Boonville California. This Gose Ale pours a bright but hazy yellow color with a bright two finger head that quickly disappears with nothing left behind. The aroma is a bit beach like with a salted note hitting you hard with a slight lemon note. Anderson Valley Gose is really refreshing with a nice tartness of lemon and sea-salt that work well together making one tartly refreshing beverage. I wouldn’t say that this is better than Westbrook Gose but it’s still a solid beer. The mouth feel is light and refreshing and yet a bit juicy. This Anderson Valley Gose has a nice tart salted lemon finish that continues into the after taste with a slightly saltier taste than lemon. I don’t think that this Anderson Valley Gose Ale is the best because I only had to examples of this style and the other one; Westbrook Gose is a bit better. So this beer is a B-, it falls short with it tartness and the salted flavor, I like salty foods etc.… But this was still good and I would recommend trying them both, I just think Westbrook is a bit better in my opinion. I have reviewed Westbrook Gose not to long ago, I suggest that you read that review if you haven’t already done so, or you can just reread it if you like. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment