Award

Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Unknown Brewing Co. Vehopciraptor Double IPA

I am growing to like IPAs more and more. A few years ago I wouldn’t have much to do with an IPA. But my taste for them is changing. They have always been a popular beer style and continue to grow in populararty  There are many sub styles in the IPA category. The Unknown Brewing Co. here in Charlotte North Carolina brews Vehopciraptor Double IPA, 9.9% ABV. Double IPAs are IPAs with double the ingredients and ABV percentage. Vehopciraptor is brewed with nine hope varieties and nice additions. Vehopciraptor pours copper amber color with an off white three finger head. The aroma is dank with big grapefruit and citrus. Vehopciraptor has a big bold grapefruit taste with nice citrus notes and a little hop bitterness. This double IPA has more of smoother taste than most double IPAs. The finish is smooth and has a nice citrusy malted after taste that lingers nicely. This is a surprising double IPA. I wouldn’t have expected it to be as smooth as it was. I was thinking it was going to be a little more on the bitter hoppy side, but it wasn’t. I give The Unknown Brewing Co. Vehopciraptor an A+. It was such a wonderful beer. I would have this again and again. I highly recommend this beer! It should be had! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!   

No comments:

Post a Comment