Award

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Frog Beer Pearl Pale Ale


Exploring the world for beer is also fun and interesting but it can be expensive. Yes I know that we would all love to do that if it were cheap to do. But I have here another French beer (the other being Brasserie La Beleine La Picaro) that isn’t imported here to the USA, and I didn’t have to spend a lot to go over there. My Norwegian Olsovian’s sister brought it to me. Frog Beer is in Paris, France and had been in the brewing business since 1993. Bare with me here the entire label is in French. This is Frog Beer Pearl Pale Ale, 4.1% ABV. Pearl pours a slight hazy gold color with a beautiful tower of brilliant white foam. The aroma is not what you’d expect from pale ale, I think we here in the US are used to American, English, and Australian pale ales. Anyhow the aroma is filled with slight subtle fruity notes. Taste is okay up front with a light flavoring of corn, but there isn’t any hop notes or malts here that you’d usually get on pale ale. That’s going to hurt it just a bit. But it's reminiscent of faint white wine in my opinion. It has a dull but somewhat semi-sweet flavor throughout the mouth. The mouth feel is light to barley medium. Pearl finishes with a crisp like flavor but still no hops or malt notes. The after taste is like any average national brand beer, and fades kind of slow on your taste buds. Not a bad beer this, but not what I would call it pale ale. I say it a B-. Whatever this is wasn’t bad but was kind of above average. I might have this again if I came across it, but I wouldn’t jump all over that chance. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment