Award

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Ruby Redbird


Shiner has made another great beer! Yes, I love a good Shiner. This is a nice summer seasonal brewed with Texas Ruby Red grapefruit juice and lovely ginger, at 4.0% abv. These two pair well together. Ruby pours a nice golden orange color with a nice head of white that laces nicely as you enjoy this Redbird. The aroma is of nice citrus fruit that has a tangy-sweet scent. It reminds me of fresh grapefruit. The scent of this is very inviting, nice and pleasant. Ruby has a nice sweet and tangy flavor that is of citrus fruit and then there is a nice pleasant kick of tangy ginger that finishes nice and tart. The is beer is sweet at first but finishes nice and tart, and isn't bitter like a grapefruit. This is a bit sweet than an average grapefruit, but not much though, just a tad, a bit, just smidge. This is a very well balanced beer that is crisp refreshing and very drinkable. I have always liked this and always look forward to having one when it arrives at the stores. Neither of the two ginger or grapefruit overpowers one another, the work well perfectly and makes for one great big taste when combined here. Ruby is very very refreshing, even on the hottest of days when you see heat waves off the road. Yes, you can see that just drive on a Texas highway in July. I get all happy when I have this, I feel relaxed and I welcome the warm summertime to come. This is one of my favorite beers, and it should be yours! Cheers! Please drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment