Award

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Avery Brewing White Rascal Belgian-Style White Ale


Belgian-style White ales are one of the most popular style of beer out there. There are many different breweries brewing this style of beer, that is what Blue Moon is and so is Shock-Top. White ales, or Wits are not overly complicated with flavors, spices and so on. I find them be refreshing and tasty. Well I have here is Avery Brewing White Rascal Belgian-Style White Ale, 5.6% ABV. Avery is out of Boulder Colorado and has been brewing beer since 1993.  This beer is brewed with Rocky Mountain water, malted barley, malted wheat, hops, coriander, CuraƧao orange peal and Belgian yeast.  White Rascal pours a slightly hazy yellow golden color with a bright one and half finger white head that dissipates quickly. I found a little bit of light coming through and some carbonation bubbles stream up to the top from the bottom. The aroma on White Rascal is a lot like most Belgian-style white ales, it has a little bit of spiced sent from the coriander with a bit of a wheat like scent. The taste isn’t much different from your average Belgian-style white ales, You get some of the coriander spice with a little bit of the orange peal and some hints of the wheat. Nothing is really different or new here. The mouth feel is medium with a nice spiced wheat finish. The after taste is of wheat with faint spiced notes. I like this Avery White Rascal, but I was thinking that I might like this, because I like most Belgian-style whites. I give Avery White Rascal and B. I solid white ale here. Nothing is really out of the ordinary for a Belgian white, just they way it supposed to be. I like that about this, it Avery really hit the nail on the Belgian-style white ale. I do recommend that you try Avery White Rascal. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment