Award

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Foothills Brewing IPA of the Month January 2015 (Barley)



Foothills Brewing is doing it again, IPA of the Month for 2015. This year they’re using dogs on the label from there #FoothillsIPAdog program, and each bottle sold will help a rescue program in that dog’s community. This is January (Barley), 6.4% ABV and 71 IBUs. Barley is Foothills brewery dog. January is brewed with just two malts and two hops, Citra and Chinook. January pours a slight deep orange cooper color with an off white four finger fluffy head, that slowly fades into thick roped lacing around the glass. I found very little amounts of light coming through the glass with decent amount of carbonation bubbles rushing to the head. The aroma is very piney and grassy with a hint of tart orange. The taste is slight tart with orange up front with piney notes and touches of grassy flavors in the middle with a smooth hop bitterness on the end. The hop flavor this IPA’s taste is smooth throughout and not harsh or in your face. The mouth feel is medium to almost full, and January finishes nice and somewhat smooth with a slight tart orange bitterness with a hint of a piney flavor. The after taste is much like the finish, with a touch more grassy notes, and slight hoppy flavor. I loved last years IPA of the Month, so I was really looking forward to this year, and its good. So Foothills Brewing IPA of the Month January 2015 (Barley) gets an A-. This is a simpler IPA than they usually do for this series but it worked well and was tasty. I really liked how the hop bitterness was smooth throughout this beer and I didn’t find an in your face hop flavor anywhere in this beer. That was great. January was simple but tasted fabulous. I highly recommend trying Foothills Brewing IPA of the Month 2015 January and the rest of 2015. I know I will have to have this again! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly! 

2 comments:

  1. Is this the same beer as Jan 2014 re-labeled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so JRM, and I can't really tell you because I've not had last January

    ReplyDelete