Award

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thomas Creek Stillwater Vanilla Cream Ale


Here we have a vanilla cream ale from a relatively new brewery out of Greenville South Carolina. That is one of the reason why I bought this, the other being the vanilla cream. Sounded kind of good to me. This cream ale comes in at 4.8% ABV, so not to heavy on the alcohol. The ale pours a clean clear golden yellow color with almost no head, it went fast. The wasn't much on the scents of this beer other that the vanilla and some slight carbonation. I found it the scent of this all to be half way boring, as did it appearance. The taste of this vanilla cream ale was first boring and it was followed up by a cream vanilla bean flavor that was good. But I am not entirely sold on this ale. There is somewhat good amount of carbonation to this al as well. That bring the vanilla flavors more forward on the ales taste. I kind of tasted a crisp candy like flavor in this but it was okay at best. This ales finish is nice with crisp vanilla and yes it is over all refreshing. But I don't think this beer is the next best thing. If I had to grade this I would give it a low C-. If there was no vanilla in this at all this beer would a D, because it seems like they are masking a somewhat average beer with a nice vanilla flavoring. Would I buy this yes, its okay, I don't hate this, I find it halfway okay. I might try it later on and see if I think it's any better. But not soon. Cheers! Please drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment