Award

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Catawba Brewing Co. Peanut Butter Jelly Time


I love brown ales but I also like interesting beers as well. So some told be about a peanut raspberry beer I was intrigued. So I looked up what is and who brewed it and I found it was Catawaba Brewing Company Peanut Butter Jelly Time, 5.7% ABV. Catawba Brewing Company is Asheville, N.C. and Morganton, N.C. This is a light brown ale and is brewed with five different grains and then aged for weeks on raspberries and roasted peanuts. Peanut Butter Jelly Time pours a murky light brown color with a two finger slightly off white head. I found no light coming through and very little carbonation. The aroma on Peanut Butter Jelly Time is exactly like its name. It smells just like a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich. You get the roasted peanuts with a peanut butter scent and a raspberry/raspberry jelly aroma. The taste is Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich! There is nice taste of peanuts/peanut butter and raspberries/ raspberry jelly. I also found there to be a bread crust taste that is from the grains and the roasted peanuts. The mouth feel is medium with a rich PPB&J finish and the after taste is just the same as the finish with a little bit of lingering peanut butter. This is truth in advertising. It is just like the name on the can Peanut Butter Jelly Time. Catawba Brewing Co. really hit the nail on the head with this ale. I give this an A+. I like this beer lot but I don’t think I could drink more than one. The flavor would get a bit intense as you get to the second Peanut Butter Jelly Time. That doesn’t take away a thing from this beer in my opinion. This is a truly good interest and yet tasty beer. So please go out and try Catawba Brewing Co. Peanut Butter Jelly Time I recommend that you do! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment