Award

Monday, March 2, 2015

Lakefront Brewery, INC. Fixed Gear American Red Ale


Here is another beer that I’ve received from BrewPublik (www.BrewPublik.com). This is from Lakefront Brewery Inc. in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Lakefront has been brewing beer since 1987. The beer is Fixed Gear American Red Ale, 6.8% ABV. Red or Amber ale is primarily a catch for any beers less than a dark all in color, ranging from amber to deep red in hues. This style of beer tends to focus on the malts, but hop character can range from low to high. Expect a balanced beer, with toasted and a light fruitiness in most examples. The range can run from basic ale, to American brewers who brew faux-Oktoberfest style beers that are actually ales instead of lagers. I haven’t really had to many of this style before. Fixed gear pours a deep red color that looks purple in some lights with a two finger thin off white head.  I found very little light coming through the glass and found there to be minimal amounts of carbonation due to the beers dark red hue. The head does fade rather quickly leaving nothing behind. The aroma is faintly malty with a slight aroma of hops. I also found a very light orange smell on the aroma. The taste on Fixed Gear is faintly malted at first then a bit hoppy in the middle with some faint orange flavors and as it gets to the back the hops become slightly hopier but nothing overly hoppy.  Fixed Gear has a light to almost medium mouth feel and finishes a bit hoppy. The after taste is reminiscent of a pale ale with less malts. The hoppy after taste fade slowly but grows a little as it fades. I have mixed feelings about this beer. I found it to more bitter than I was hoping and less malted than this style should have. But I didn’t hate it. I say this is C. I wasn’t impressed with any of this beer flavors but I didn’t dislike them either but it was close to it. The only thing about this beer that I sort of liked was the faint orange flavor here. I am not sure but it taste like Citra Hops are used in this beer, but I couldn’t really find any evidence that Citra is used. This beer is kind of okay, so go and give lakefront Brewery INC. Fixed Gear American Red Ale and see what you think of it. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!



No comments:

Post a Comment