Award

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Triple C Brewing Co. Smoked Amber


A few years ago I stumbled onto the Smoked Beer style and found that I really like it. In Germany it is known as Rauchbier. Some smoked beers can be really smoky which some would say it is like breathing in a campfire, and other are not as intense. Smoked beers come in a few sub-styles, like wheat, Marzen, Amber, and bock. This smoked beer is a local beer, Triple C Brewing Smoked Amber, 5.5 ABV and 29 IBU. This is another beer delivered from the great people at BrewPublik (www.brewpublik.com). Triple C Brewing Co. is located here in Charlotte North Carolina. Triple C uses cherry wood smoked malts on this amber. Smoked Amber pours a deep hazy brown color that is a bit murky, with a two finger off white head that dissipates at steady pace and does leave behind some lacing. I found no light coming through the glass nor could I make out any carbonation bubbles. But the bubbles are there. The aroma on Smoked Amber is yes smoky like a barbeque. I found not as intense as some smoked beer are. I found a bit of caramel sweetness there as well. The taste is first malty and sweet with hints of caramel and nice accompaniment of smoky flavors. It reminded me of nice barbequed meat. Smoked Amber has a very faint smoky coffee flavor on the end. The mouth feel is medium with a nice smoky, malty and sweet finish. The after taste is more reminiscent of a light smoky sweet coffee barbeque flavor. I know that those two kinds of flavors don’t go together but the barbeque flavor is more predominate that the coffee. I really enjoyed this beer a lot it is an A+ in my book. I really loved how every flavor worked well with on another. It was a well brewed beer. I love the smoked beer style and I really enjoyed Triple C Brewing Co Smoked Amber. I really recommend try this one for yourself. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment