Award

Monday, March 30, 2015

Flying Dog Brewery Flying Dog Pale Ale

Pale Ale is becoming one style that I like more and more I have it. It fits in beer styles around IPA. There are American and British Pale Ales. American Pale Ales tend to cleaner and hoppier, while British Pale Ales tend to be maltier, buttery, aromatic, and balanced. This Flying Dog Pale Ale, 5.5% is and American Pale Ale. Flying Dog Brewery is in Frederick, Maryland. This is yet another beer from Brewpublik (www.brewpublik.com). Flying Dog Pale Ale pours a deep orange color with a three to four finger off white bubbly head that stick around for a while and leaves behind nice whips of lacing. I found decent amounts of lights coming through with nice carbonation bubbles swimming toward the foamy head. The aroma is nice an earthy with pine notes and hints of a grassy scent and a hint of a bitter citrus fruit. The taste on Flying Dog Pale Ale is a balance of earthy pine and hoppy grassy grapefruit notes with nice aromatic malted notes. I found the taste to be what a good American Pale Ale should Flying Dog Pale Ale isn’t in your face with bitterness or hops. The mouth feel is light to medium with a nice slight bitter grapefruit finish. The after taste is of bitter citrus and grapefruit with a hint of bitterness. I liked this beer, but it didn’t really blow me away nor did wow me. I give Flying Dog Pale Ale a C+. It was very balanced for a Pale Ale. But it did have much more than that going for it. All the flavors mingle well with each other. I found there to be nothing at all wrong with this beer. I would have this again and I would recommend trying Flying Dog Pale Ale. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment