Award

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Cambridge Brewing Co. Flower Child IPA



When it comes to India Pale Ales, IPAs, I tend to like more of the west coast style, a more tropical, citrus fruity, sweeter hop bitterness, then the east coast, or New England IPA, English malts, pine, earthy, malty, and bitterness. But that does not mean I don’t like the east coast style. Some east coasters are okay. I have a Cambridge Brewing Co. Flower Child IPA, 6.5% ABV. Cambridge Brewing Co. was founded in 1989 in Kendall Square, Cambridge Massachusetts. Flower Child pours golden light copper color with a three finger frothy head that slowly dissipates gradually into decent lacing. The aroma is earthy with lots of piney bitter notes that overwhelm your nose. They aren’t much citrus notes on the aroma, just a hint of bitter grapefruit. Flower Child has a more east coast/New England IPA taste to it; it has an earthy, piney, bitter, hoppy flavor with the least amount of faint citrus notes that are nearly non-existent. There is a slightly malt note that barely comes through as the hop bitterness exceeds it a bit. The mouth feel is medium and Flower Child finishes with an earthy bitter yet hoppy little kick, that leave a sticky hopped up bitter after taste in you mouth that sticks there for a while. I am not a big fan of this style of IPA, so with that in mind I say that Cambridge Brewing Co. Flower Child IPA is a C. It was more hoppy, bitter, earth and piney than I like and there wasn’t enough malt flavor there to balance it out some. Not the worst IPA I’ve had but I don’t think I will be having this anytime soon. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment