Award

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Good for a taste, bad for a lesson in beer brewing

Last year I went to New Orleans with my family, that was alot of fun. We went across Lake Ponchatrain to Abita Springs LA. There I went to the Abita brewpub, good food great tasty beer. I had Turbodog. Its a good brown ale. But I think that Big Boss Bad Penny brown ale is a little better, and Newcastle Brown is my favorite so far. Hey I saw the nerds on CBS' Big Bang Theory drinking it. Anyway, after lunch we drove a little ways in to Abita Spring to the Abita Brewery. Its a great looking building and nice inside. I wish I could say the same about the brewery tour. Abita makes great beer, not a great tour. The tour last all of eleven minutes. So I'd say a waste of time? Kind of, but wait, its good if you careless about how its brewed. Abita gives you free samples of they're brews in an Abita plastic cup. (keep it for a memory) AWESOME!! So if you love to drink Abita beer then go for the tour and free samples. If you looking for a good brewery tour stay home. But if you want a better brewery tour with good beer then ask me about Diamond Bear Brewering Company. (BestBeerBlog@gmail.com) Cheers! Please drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment