Award

Friday, November 18, 2011

Harpoon Greatful Hearvest

I have not had much of the Harpoon Breweries beers. But this one, made with cranberries, sounds good, but doesn't taste as good as it sounds. It pours a dark ambery red color with a head that is thick and off white and fades fast, like my good feeling about it.. Its a 5.5% ABV beer. This Harpoon has a porter like taste that is on the sour side, but not as a heavy as a porter. The sourness stays with you followed by a medium cranberry taste that is slighty less sour. I wouldn't buy this one again. No I don't like it, and I am sorry if you do. But I wouldn't recommend this beer. But if you really want to try it, buy only ONE 12-oz bottle, not a whole 6pack. I do have this nice thing to say about it, they give a dollar from this brew to local food banks to help starving/needy people. Good for them. Maybe they should save they're dollars and spend that on researching how to make it taste better. I would make way it less sour porterish tasting. Harpoon says it goes great with Thanksgiving dinner, well maybe so, but I am skeptical about that. I was really looking foward to trying this one and I was let down, Darn it! Well ya can't win them all, so better luck next time. Cheers! Please drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment