Award

Friday, November 25, 2011

Shiner Holiday Cheer!

Happy holidays to all! Well I am sure we are all familar with Shiner beer and the Spoetzl brewery, if not then you must live under a rock. This Shiner brew is a Holiday/seasonal beer. It is a Bravarian-style dark wheat that is an old world style(dunkelweizn), but its brewed with Texas peaches and roasted pecans. Shiner enhances the malty flavors of this with the use of malted barley, wheat and Krausening. Krausening is adding activly fermenting beer. This is a dark almost brown in color with a brownish white lasting head. This Shiner is smooth with subtle peach and pecan taste. At first taste it's okay, slightly brown ale like, then it gets one step beyond okay. The after taste is of a creamy peach that comes from the roasted pecans. I sort of like this one. Its on step over okay. I wouldn't rush out and buy it again, but I might buy it again. I am not saying this is bad, but I am not saying its great either. It's just okay with me. I like Shiner beers alot, they are good. But this is almost up with the rest on my list of Shiners, but is slightly high on it, I'd have to say that the peaches in this beer make it better than you'd expect, and make it just okay. So have a great holiday time and may your days be merry and bright, and your beers be cold. Cheers! Please drink responsibly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment