Award

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pyramid Curve Ball Blonde Ale


The Best Beer Blog has reached a milestone yesterday, one hundred posts up, and we age still going strong. So here is number one hundred one. Here we have Pyramid Curve Ball Blonde Ale (lager ale), blonde ale is reminiscent of German Style Kolsch. This blonde ale is cold conditioned lager, which is letting the beer sit in a cold temperature before bottling or going into a keg. Good for a summer blonde ale. This beer has a lighter or lower ABV at 5.0% ABV. Curve Ball pours a golden orange color with half to one finger head that was thin and white and disappeared quickly, but did slow up in the sides of the glass. There is a tiny amount of lacing on the glass but not enough. This Curve Ball just looks like an average blonde ale. Thats not a bad thing though. I found this not to have a lot on scents and smells, but what I did find is a big citrusy orange almost sweet smell and not much else. Tasting this ale I found it to be very smooth with a mild crisp orange taste that didn't last long on the tongue. I found no traces of hops here, I could say that the taste and flavors of this are boringly average, but not what I'd call bad. This Pyramid flavor is refreshing and easy to drink. The finish is nice crisp, smooth and refreshing with just a hint of the mild citrus. The Pyramid Brewery does a great job on brewing beer, and they're other beers are great. But this here is plain and average in my book. Overall I would give this a C, just because it has plain average flavor and the whole beer is not made with strong flavorful ingredients and isn't try to hard to be over the top. That can be good in some beers, and here not so much. But this here is easy to drink, great on a hot summers day, and should be canned too. I will say that this is a better average choice than say a Bud, Miller, Coors, ect. Yes I would have this again I liked it enough, not a strong like but I like it non the less. I really like the Pyramid brewery and will continue to drink they're great beers. This isn't one of my favorites from them, but its just okay. Would I recommend Curve Ball? Yes but to an average beer drinker that isn't in the know about good beer or craft beer. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment