Award

Thursday, October 25, 2012

BridgePort Dark Rain


In recent months I've really beginning to really like pale ales, but I've always loved darker beers and this is two things that I love in one beer. Here were have a Black Pale Ale from Oregon's oldest craft brewery BridgePort Brewing. They call this Dark Rain, 5.6% ABV. It take it's name from the type of weather common to the pacific northwestern US. This dark beer pour a thicker black color with a medium one finger khaki head that fades slowly and stays just above the suface, and provides very nice lacing. I found no light through this due to its dark appearance. I don't see any carbonation bubbles. Dark Rain has a hoppy malted aroma with hints of slight roasted coffee. I didn't find any sweet scents like I thought I was going to find. There is a very tiny bread aroma coming through. The taste of Black Rain starts out smooth then quickly becomes hoppy. I get a nice hop flavor. There is a roasted malt on the back of the tongue. The malt flavor is bold and semi sweet. The mouthfeel start out light and quickly become heavier, but none that is bad or overbearing in any way. This black ale finish nice with a malted semi sweetness and a tiny hint of hops. The aftertaste really coats your mouth and stick around with a nice malt flavor that isn't to strong. Well overall I am giving this an B. The hoppy start is okay, but not the best, but the malted finish really makes up for that and really helps the beer finish well and taste good. So remember to come and see me down at Mike's Discount Beverages 4700 Park Rd, Charlotte NC 28209 for this, Black Rain, and for all you fine wine and beer! Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment