Award

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Carta Blanca Cerveza



Carta Blanca Cerveza is one of Mexico’s oldest beers, circa 1890. This is a Lager style beer at 4.5% ABV. Carta Blanca has been imported to the US for many years. I have asked my father who remembers his father, my grandfather having it back in the 1960’s. He tells me that my grandfather said that have Carta Blanca was exotic and special. This lager pours a golden straw color with a half of a finger of a bright white head that dissipates quickly. It does fade into nice bubbly lacing. I found tons of light streaming though with lots of carbonation to it. The aroma is faintly malted with sweet corn syrup scent. A little bit of dry aroma there as well. The taste is a little malted with a corn syrup taste that has little sweetness. You get a nice carbonation tingle on your tongue.  The mouth feel is little on this. That does make this brew clean up very nice in your mouth. Nice crisp smooth and clean, yet refreshing. The aftertaste is minimal with a little faint malt flavor. I would give this a C. Just Barely above a Corona, but could be better, but I did not hate this at all. Would I have this again? Yes I would and I would kind of recommend this to some people. Come on down to Mike’s Discount Beverage’s, 4700 Park Rd, Charlotte NC 28209 for all your fine wine and beer. Cheers! Please enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment