Award

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Casa (Casablanca) Beer


Well up until now I didn't know that there is beer brewed in Morocco. But I do now. Here is a Pale Lager, a lager brewed with pale malts, from Casablanca. Casa Beer is brewed and bottled by Brasseries de Marco, since 1919, and is 5.0% ABV. Casa pours a slightly dark golden straw but clear color with a big bright white bubbly head that dissipates rather quickly. Big amount of light coming though the glass. not a lot of lacing either. There is a large amount of tiny carbonation bubbles streaming off the bottom of the bottom of the glass, and some do stick to the sides. The aroma of Casa beer is sweet with biscuity gains and a slight breaded scent. But as I took in the aromas of the is beer I could almost hear the bubbles. Looks smells quit nice. Casa Beer's taste is bready with malty gains on the front of you mouth, filled with a tingle on your tongue from the carbonation bubbles. But I did get a floral hoppy taste on the end on the back of my tongue. They may be from the pale malts they use, but nothing over powering. The finish is clean and slightly crisp and somewhat refreshing. The finish on the Casa Beer is nice, sweet, slightly bubbly. There is a little non-sweet cookie taste on the finish but doesn't linger there. Overall I would give this a C+. It is better than most American Lagers and the tiny hop flavor kept in interesting enough for me to like it. I wouldn't rush back to try this, but I would have it again. I would recommend that you try this at least once. The fact that it is from Morocco is interesting enough. So head on down to Mike's Discount Beverage, 4700 Park Rd, Charlotte, NC 28209 and pick one up, and please let me know what you think! Cheers Please enjoy responsibly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment